Time is one thing we all share in common. We’ve created a modern structure that makes day to day life much easier and business activities more profitable. Imagine what the world would be like if we didn’t have a mutually agreed upon time structure? Transport would be a nightmare, getting a group of people together even worse. How about getting the kids off to school?
I know you get the picture but everyday life would be complete havoc and I’ll bet your business would be too. I’m not taking about the mutually agreed upon world time structure. What I want to know are the time tested nuggets of wisdom that you have gleaned in your life? And maybe even some that were handed down to you and you can verify that they are true.
Here’s a list of some of my hard learned time tested truths:
- Don’t make promises lightly and make sure you keep the promises you do make.
- The most important person you’ll ever have to answer to is you.
- Be in charge of your own life and business. (if you create the chance and have the fortitude to own one)
- Respect your body and give it the exercise it needs and craves. (Everyday is a good rule of thumb)
- Learn about money and be sure to respect it’s power and energy. Learn to save it, invest it, spend it and share it.
- Do your own personal administration and your businesses if you have the time. If not, keep a tight check on other peoples work.
- Learn to live without things for awhile, pauze your consumption in order to see what you really need and what you value most.
- Travel every chance you get.
- Always say “yes” when a true friend asks you to do something. (as long as it’s ethical)
- Be loyal to your chosen life partner and show your children (if you have them) how to choose and create their own loving relationships. (example is everything…and kids know what’s going on and can’t be fooled)
- Recognize that you don’t have to join a church or claim a religion in order to be a religious/spiritual person.
- Keep up your curiosity to learn new things and NEVER EVER say you’re too old to learn.
- Have fun being in your own company and strive to be one of your own best freinds.
- Don’t spend all your life working, scheming, planning and striving for more because chances are you’ve got enough already.
- Test drive what a life without a 9-5 job (which is usually more like 7-7) would be like. You might be able to live the “life of your dreams” sooner than you think.
These are just a few of my duly earned wis-doms and I would sincerely love for you to add some of yours to the list. Just scroll below to the comments section and let er rip!! Remember… Don’t be shy to share what someone else could benefit from. And the life and business lessons you’ve learned might help mitigate somone else from having to go through the same pain you’ve gained! So share BIG!!