It’s imperative to look at things from as many angles as you possibly can because chances are statistically high that you are still going to miss out on at least 350 degrees of different perspectives.
No matter how hard we try to be unbiased and creative we will nearly always fall short in the perspective department. It’s so important to learn how to unlearn; endeavor to uncondition your thoughts when seeking to gain an alternative perspective.
Some thoughts to consider in seeking a different perspective:
- Pay attention to those times when your mind starts to wander off.
- Consistently ask who, what, why, when and how questions.
- Lie down on the ground and look up in the sky both day and night and allow your thoughts to run.
- Visit an old friend unannounced.
- Seek out those people, places, and things that your conditioned mind considers weird or off beat.
- Spend an afternoon rummaging around an old bookstore and pick up books that you’re not naturally drawn to.
- Drive the back roads, side roads and stop to investigate when you see something that looks interesting.
- Stay curious and interested in nature.
I’m not the first and certainly won’t be the last to mention the importance of enjoying the journey and maintaining a fresh perspective when seeking your sought out destination.