For my 100th post I thought it would be fitting to give 10 of my hard earned pearls of wisdom for business and life. After 51 years, I think I’ve earned the right to lay down some of my own powerful and proven business/life rules. Let’s get started.
- Most people stretch the truth so don’t believe everything you hear. But you don’t have to be that way.
- Know the difference between good credit and bad credit. Get as much as you can leverage without stress of the good kind and don’t play with the bad kind. Your family and your business count on your ability to manage your debts.
- Play the game as if you’ve put all your eggs in one basket, but never do it for real. Always have a back up plan.
- Pick one great life’s partner and cherish her/him.
- Always drop your work when your child wants to talk to you, play with you or give you a hug.
- Look after your business relationships and never take them for granted. This is how you build a good solid reputation and lifelong, never ending well of business opportunities and new connections.
- Be polite and display good manners. There’s never an excuse for being rude.
- Loosen up and have fun with your work, for the challenges you’re facing now will undoubtedly be overcome and the lessons learned will act as an ideal springboard for your next unforeseen obstacles. And you can be rest assured that you will have bigger challenges ahead. That is guaranteed.
- When you make a promise, no matter how small, always Keep it. Don’t ever delude yourself by thinking that you’re getting away with your hypocrisy. Your not, in fact, most people will not call you out on your broken promises. They just won’t be there when you really need them or have any interest in going the extra mile for you.
- Be the real you, by being authentic in all your thoughts, feelings and actions. Stay strong in your conviction to reamain authentic in all your business and personal dealings.
These are mine. How about sharing some of yours. I’d love to hear them. (see fb comment box below)
[feature_box style=”5″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]