1. Relentless focus on your “Task List” for the day.
2. When distracted, stop what you’re doing and pay close attention while dealing with the distraction, Then Refocus back on task.
3. Pay attention to those times when you’re not paying attention. This is so much easier to do than trying to pay attention all the time.
4. Take an international 5 minute break each hour of your work day. Considering a new study conducted by Microsoft which shows the average Canadian’s attention span is only 8 seconds. A Goldfish trumps us by paying attention for 9 seconds.
5. Don’t let your urgent and unimportant tasks take precedent over your important non urgent tasks. The best way to mitigate these ever evasive time thieves is to start your day by working on an important non urgent task. Then the rest of the day can play out as it may.
6. Create a weekly “must accomplish” list before you write your daily task list. Look at the weekly list every morning to make sure your making headway before your day grabs hold of your time and takes over.
7. Get your exercise in. I suggest a minimum of an 1 hour at least 3 times per week. You’ll need the extra energy this gives you to keep focused on big tasks throughout your week. Plus you’ll spend less time and energy feeling guilty about about not getting enough proper exercise.
8. Take your down time seriously. Spend time with your loved ones both as a family and individually. This is not negotiable and no matter what you will always regret not spending time with your loved ones. For me, nothing’s more important than family.
9. Remember to take deep breaths throughout your day. Focus on steady breathing and smile while you take in your steady calming breath. This helps give your brain extra energy while you pause to focus on your breathing.
10. Get the right perspective. “All you can do is all you can do and all you can do is enough” Thanks Art Williams for summing it all up for us.
[img_text_aside style=”2″ image=”http://dominickotarski.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Dom_1-150×150.jpg” image_alignment=”right” headline=”International%20Consultant%20-%20Author%20-%20Certified%20Master%20Coach” text=”%3Cp%3E%3Ca%20href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FDominic-Kotarski%2Fe%2FB00K54VUVE%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%3EDominic%20Kotarski%3C%2Fa%3E%20writes%2C%20speaks%2C%20inspires%2C%20motivates%20and%20teaches%20on%20the%20most%20important%20aspects%20of%20your%20business%20including%20Sales%2C%20Coaching%2C%20Team%20building%2C%20People%20Management%20and%20Business%20Development.%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fdominickotarski.com%2Fsignme-up%2F%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%3ECLICK%20HERE%3C%2Fa%3E%20to%20Get%20weekly%20access%20to%20his%20blog%20%26amp%3B%20training%20videos.%3C%2Fp%3E%0A” alignment=”center”][/img_text_aside]