I’ve just recently had the opportunity to visit my home town of Chattanooga, Tenessee. I’m here for personal reasons which are not the most positive. Mainly some family medical issues and emergencies.
This is all a part of one’s life and wether we like it or not we have to be there for our family.
My short time here has got me pondering change and our inability to control it in any form or fashion. I find myself at its mercy at this moment.
The only thing I know for sure is that I can control my response to change and of course my attitude. I’m here to control and influence the things I can and try not to worry about those things that I can’t.
Entrepreneurialism is no different.
- We must set the agenda for ourselves and our colleagues.
- We must work hard to set the right example for our staff, family and extended community.
- We must strive to have a positive vision of the future.
- We must push hard for our biggest goals.
Beyond these 4 major points we should try to be sure to keep our sense of humour.
It’s not easy to laugh in the face of adversity or to keep our eyes open for wonder but it will definintely serve us to keep looking for the silly stuff that happens in between all the ruckus.
Keep your dignity about you and remember that many have traveled the path that you’re currently on. Some can shed some light, others can give you a fresh perspective.
My message for this week is to:
- Be cool
- Stay cool
- And seek perspective, always seek perspective; Perspective can alter your course and push you in a new direction.
Have an awesome week.
Dominic Kotarski – International Consultant – Author – Coach – Trainer – Speaker