1. Start where you are. There’s no better time or better place than NOW!
2. Find your light, your anchor and what’s most important to you. We can get motivated by Bonnie Ware, a palliative nurse who spent many years recording the most common regrets of the dying. She first recorded her dying patients epiphanies in a blog called Inspiration of Chai and because of it’s popularity ended up writing a book called The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying.
The big 5 Regrets named in her book are:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
There is a small spark of light deep in your heart that physicists have found. It is the electrical spark which fires up your heart and keeps it beating nearly 100,000 times a day. I see it much like a pilot light on a gas furnace which stays continually lit. It comes to full flame when extra gas is added, so too do we when we get focused and excited about doing something fun, cool and genuine that speaks to our core, our heart and our soul.
3. Understanding time- Most of us don’t appreciate the finite amount of time that we have on this planet. We squander our hours away always working towards a future that may never come. And even if it does come to our liking, we might have skipped all the really important things we always dreamt about doing; people we wanted to do it with and places we dreamed about visiting. If we continue to push things forward to some magical time in the future when all our perfect conditions are met then we might not be physically fit to travel to those places in order to enjoy them to their fullest.
The people we wanted to travel with might not be able to go. We might be too scarred to go because we’ve imagined all the terrible things that “might” happen if we go into the unknown. I believe it’s important to make time for these important things, the big things. The things that make our hearts sing. Do them now!
I strongly urge you to honor your self by honoring your feelings, your heart and your higher vision.
4. Redefine success and happiness now that you know who you really are and what you really stand for. We all too often cling to a vision of success that we had when we were younger, one that just doesn’t seem so important now that we’ve grown and experienced a taste of some of those things we thought we wanted. I walked away from money, position and title in my 30’s so I could spend more time with my son and loved every minute of it. Success redefined!
Plus, often times we define what we think success should be too early on in our lives, based on our upbringing, conditioning from our society and culture. It’s what society told us along with reinforcement from our parents, teachers or our first mentors. It’s what they thought and what they wanted for us but maybe not what we really wanted for ourselves. Maybe it’s time to take a more mature look at our definition? One based on experience and personal wisdom.
5. Make new decisions based on what you want. Follow them through and if they’re right for you there will be a certain identifiable shift which will allow your decision to unfold – if it’s not right then you will be delayed or pushed forward by the universe. – Be honest with yourself about what’s right for you at this moment and at this time in your life and honor that, “no matter what!” > learn to coach yourself > participate in life and new activities; have fun with your new direction and decisions.
6. Keep learning and growing – We have to remain learners and students on our road, never stop being interested in learning new things, keep your mind open. Gathering new knowledge is fun and adds to your ability to gain new perspectives.
7. Constant encouragement – to yourself and others – It takes courage to encourage another. The more you give the more you get.
Lastly, one person’s idea of life balance might be another persons nightmare. This is one aspect of our lives that only we can dictate and monitor for ourselves. Only you know when you’re out of whack and not serving your higher good. And only you can make the changes or adjustments necessary.
Most of the the time it only takes little or slight adjustment to get back in balance and refresh our mind, heart, spirit and soul. This small adjustment will normally be enough get us back on track with our natural energy and enthusiasm for life and all it has to offer.
Please share your own personal tips at the bottom of this blog as your personal wisdom and experience just might serve another.
And you know the Saying “Sharing is Caring” so prove it 🙂
[img_text_aside style=”2″ image=”http://dominickotarski.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dom_1-150×150.jpg” image_alignment=”left” headline=”Dominic Kotarski – International Consultant | Author | Coach | Trainer | Speaker” text=”
Dominic Kotarski writes, speaks, inpires, motivates and teaches on the most important aspects of you business, including Sales, Coaching, Team-Building, People Management and Business Development. Get weekly access to his blog and training videos for FREE by subscribing below.
[optin_box style=”12″ alignment=”center” email_field=”email” email_default=”Enter your email address” integration_type=”mailchimp” double_optin=”Y” thank_you_page=”http://salessuccessacademy.com/thank-you/” list=”229aa74283″ name_field=”FNAME” name_default=”Enter your first name”][optin_box_field name=”headline”]Sign-up for Free Video training & Weekly blog[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+U2lnbiB1cCBOT1cgYW5kIHJlY2VpdmUgaW1tZWRpYXRlbHkgRG9taW5pYydzIHZpZGVvIHRyYWluaW5nIHRvIEJvb3N0IHlvdXIgc2FsZXM8L3A+Cg==[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”]We value your privacy and would never spam you[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”0″ button_below=”Y”]Get Instant Access![/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]