Looking for a new challenge?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What type of people do you want to engage with?
- Are you looking for travel opportunities?
- Do you want to collaborate with others? Or do you prefer working in solitude?
- Do you desire daily travel and moving around? Or would you rather work from the convenience of your own home?
- How much pressure can you handle to fulfill your daily duties? Or do you perform best when working on projects work that have monthly, quarterly or half yearly deadlines?
Once you’re up and running in your new role:
- Is it what you expected?
- Are you excited to get up in the morning?
- Can you see yourself progressing?
- Are you learning new things either about yourself or bettering your skills that will add to your breadth of knowledge and experience in your industry?
Questions are powerful, challenging and necessary for someone with a growth mindset. And I’m well aware that you wouldn’t be reading my blog without having this actionable attribute. Therefore, a great system to use when developing your “Power Questions” would be to apply the…
“5 W’s plus H”
- Who – Challenges that relate to people – Who’s in charge of this situation? Who must I speak to?
- What – Challenges that relate to objects and things – What is happening around me? What about that makes sense?
- Where – Challenges that relate to direction – Where am I going? Which direction should I take?
- When – Challenges that relate to schedules and timing – Lot’s to do, When shall I start?
- Why – Challenges that relate to the bigger picture – Why are these things happening? Is this the underlying reason?
- How – Challenges that involve movements and measurements and how things fit together- How do I make these changes necessary?
Whether you’re running your own business or in charge of a large corporation most of your time will be spent asking and answering questions using the 5W’s + H (also known as the 6 W’s, for reasons that didn’t make much logical sense to me at first glance)
There’s 5 major categories that cover the gamut of challenges in your business or organization.
Theses categories are:
- Markets – Growth Opportunities
If you apply the 5W’s+H (hoW! ohh…now I know why it’s the 6 “W’s) to these 5 categories you’ll be able to anticipate areas of improvement and hopefully be ahead of the curve on any and all of your future challenges.
Apply your creativity and run thought experiments with your colleagues, mentors, coaches or mastermind group and you’ll be amazed at how exhilarated you feel afterwards.
This is the year of the 5 E’s Expansion, Expression, Excitement, Energy and Enthusiasm. For a little 1 minute daily reminder CLICK HERE! And let’s get going so we can maintain our momentum throughout the year.
Rock on 2016!![feature_box style=”28″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]
Dominic Kotarski – International Consultant | Author | Coach | Trainer | Speaker Dominic writes, speaks, inspires, motivates and teaches on the most important aspects of your business including Sales, Coaching, Team building, People Management and Business Development. Get weekly access to his blog & training videos FREE by subscribing HERE