If you’re looking to powerfully influence another then look no further than your choice of words. I implore all you professionals out there to dig a bit deeper in your word reservoir when what you’re saying doesn’t seem to be working for you.
In your day to day communication with your colleagues, clients, customers and loved ones you can greatly influence a positive outcome by choosing your words wisely.
It is “what” you say as well as “how” you say it.
Before your next conversation make a promise to read these 5 simple points before engagement:
- I will use powerful words.
- I will use words that paint positive outcomes in the receiver’s mind.
- I will use words that motivate me when I hear them.
- I will use words that create action and impact.
- I will use words that are specific, colourful, fresh and vibrant.
I don’t have to tell you that people don’t like to be pushed into changing their behaviour but they certainly love being seduced into something new, bold and exciting!!
So…What are you waiting on..Go out there and “Powerfully Persuade!”