It’s always about what’s happening on the inside. Some call it the inside game, others call it the mental game. I like to refer to it as managing your Personal Power. Regardless of the name, your ongoing personal development hinges on understanding and broadening your…
Personal Power Paradigm or PPP
You can attribute the following thought patterns and emotional states to your PPP:
- Your ability to control your behavior.
- Ability to influence your feelings.
- Awareness of your lack of mental proprioception (for a quick understanding see this article on Proprioception)
- Ability to experience true Self-Reflection.
- Your positive and realistic self-talk ability.
- Ability to show, demonstrate and clearly communicate your true thoughts and feelings towards another.
- Your ability to control your urges and delay your gratification.
- Your ability to exercise long-term thinking.
- Your understanding of your weaknesses, breaking points, true limits beyond your self induced and perceived limits.
- Motivation to be your own best friend.
- Ability to see beyond material gains and any type of political, societal, familial, and collegial power-seeking urges.
In my view, your personal power development must precede all other types of personal development once you’ve reached adulthood. If you do choose to have more power and influence over society then it would serve you greatly and I’m sure you would be able to maintain your hard-earned position in whatever hierarchy you were trying to climb if you truly had full possession of your Personal Power.
“Know thyself” as Socrates would say and strive to “be a light unto yourself” as J. Krishnamurti consistently spoke about. These are a few of my favorite working truths as they are beyond categorization as concepts or philosophies.
Dominic Kotarski is the author of international best-seller “The Making”. He writes, speaks, inspires, motivates and teaches the most important aspects of your business including Sales, Coaching, Team-Building, People Management, and Business Development. Get weekly access to his blog & training videos FREE by subscribing HERE! and when you sign up you will get Instant Access to his Sales Skills Training Video.