by Dom Kotarski
Have you ever been in a situation where you feel you’ve lost your way? Bit off a bit more than you can chew? Or been buried in trouble so deep that the only way out is to face the music and keep facing it because you’re the only one ultimately responsible for the situation?
If you haven’t then you’re probably a very sane person who’s always taken the safe approach and more than likely been working for someone else most of your life. If you have then let’s take a quick look at a powerful word (MOJO) and how to apply it to your current situation. Get Your Mojo on!
Thanks to Angus we have not one but three definitions for MOJO, choose your definition and your situation and grab your weapon of choice.
2. Good luck fetish / charm to bolster confidence.
3. ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude
Your Mojo is your attitude and your reaction towards your situation. Everyday we’re presented with multiple opportunities to display our various skills, charms and personal attitudes. We either show up with massive energy and attention or we go on auto relate pilot and allow the situation to control itself. When your mojo is on you can feel it and so can the people around you. You exude a confidence and direction that is more powerful, exhilarating and fun then the person or group you’re communicating to. When you’re in the mojo zone you’re feeling great and receiving positive feedback from your interactions.
In sales this is a must and it’s not always the easiest thing to do and create on a daily basis.
Here’s 3 ways to activate your mojo and maintain it for consistently winning results.
- Get yourself charged up by taking a few moments 5-10 minutes of alone time. Focus on your personal power, your strengths and past achievements. Remind yourself that the best of your past will be the worst of your future see previous blog. The best time to charge up is at the beginning of your day. I like to get up at least 1.5 to 2 hours before I have to head out the door. This way I can get in a routine to meditate on my daily success and ensure that I don’t miss my morning charge up time. Caffeine helps but shouldn’t be you’re only form of pick me up in the morning. Meditation and positive affirmations are longer lasting and much more effective in the long run.
- Keep a journal of your thoughts, feelings and emotions. Write down everything your doing, feeling and thinking about your past, your current situation and your future. Be consistent and especially keep writing when you have unsolved issues or problems that haven’t yet found their solution. There’s gold in them there notes. Really, because all problems work their way out eventually and it’s quite interesting and revealing to look back over your journals in the years to come. You simply will laugh at some of the things you were worried about. Time definitely has a tendency to dissolve or surpass major life and business issues. Doing this on a regular basis will help you to manage your reaction to challenges you haven’t yet faced. Believe me when I say step 2 can be an extremely helpful tool.
- Stop making excuses, giving reasons or creating long winded explanations about why you haven’t achieved your goals. Understand that it is what it is until it isn’t what it is. And the only way that it won’t be what it is is when you change up your approach. Every successful person or business venture is packed with copious amounts of trial and error, until of course ,we get it right, then we’re geniuses!
So my genius friends and colleagues, I sincerely hope this post helps to get your MOJO working for you.
Join me while we Bring it on and turn it on for the coming year!
International Consultant - Author - Coach-Trainer - Speaker Dominic writes, speaks, inspires, motivates and teaches